quinta-feira, 7 de agosto de 2014

EXCLUSIVE REVENGE Q&A - Henri Esteve (Javier Salgado)



As promised, we gave you the chance to send more questions to another member of the Revenge cast! This time was Henri Esteve's turn! Henri played Javier Salgado on the third season of Revenge and hopefully we'll be able to see more from him in the next season(s). With all the amazing questions you sent us, you will now be able to know more about Javier, the Behind the Scenes and cast after you read this! Henri will explain you how was his first day on Revenge, how he got the role and who was there to help him so don't miss any word. With a big future ahead, you will also be able to know what's coming next for Henri Esteve. Once again, thank you all for sending your questions that, added to our questions, made this whole Q&A. A big thank you to Henri Esteve himself for taking his time to answer us.
The next Q&A that will be posted will be Jill Ohanneson's, so stay tuned.

Here's the full Q&A:

1 - How was the casting for Revenge?

Casting is always a difficult process. It's a very foreign feeling to go into a room with casting directors and a bunch of people sitting behind the camera and act. With this experience though every one was incredibly gracious and definitely tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible throughout the whole experience.
 
2 - What do you think about your character?
That's a big question. lol. I love Javier. There are a lot of feelings, I think Javier deals with that all of us deal with in some ways. That feeling of not knowing where he belongs, he's this kid from the wrong side of the tracks that all of a sudden shows up in the Hamptons. Every one has money every one has a certain sophistication about them, and he doesn't quite fit in. He feels disregarded. That chip on his shoulder comes from him feeling he has been dealt a bad hand. Especially with him never really being a bad guy even him going to jail, it happened because he was trying to help his Mother. Him leaving Nolan for the Grayson's was a learning experience. When the only person who is giving you the right advice (Nolan) is also a part of the situation he is giving you advice about it is hard to listen. Javier is a genius and had nothing to show for his brilliance in a world where what you have to show, very often is the only way people judge you. So he wanted what the Grayson's had to offer.
When he comes to him and Charlotte, I think you get to see his heart in those situations. That was always fun to play with to have this huge chip on his shoulder that suddenly drops when he is around that one person. 
 

Javier and Charlotte - Season 3
3 - Did you watch Revenge before you were a part of it? 
I had seen episodes my mother is and was a huge fan of the show. So I had watched a bunch of episodes with her. Then when I got the part I had to binge watch and catch up quick to understand what was going on! 

4 - With which actor would you like to work further on the set?
I would have loved to have some scenes with Henry Czerny. Unfortunately Conrad got killed and Javier never got to meet him. I feel the same way about Barry Sloane. Aiden and Javier would have been some fun scenes.
 
5 - What do you expect from season 4?
I've learned not to expect anything but the unexpected from Revenge. The writers are so good at coming up with these awesome twists and turns.

Javier and Nolan - Season 3
6 - Which actor is the funniest on set?
Josh is definitely the prankster on set. I would give stories but I feel like I shouldn't haha.
 
7 - What did you learn on Revenge set?
Revenge was my first professional TV job. So I learned a lot, when I showed up I think I was a bit lost and I remember that first day, I was just watching Gabe and taking in as much as I could. He was awesome about making me feel super comfortable and at home too. I am really grateful to him for that.
8 - Can you talk to us about your work outside of Revenge?
Outside of Revenge I am working on a one man theatre piece, that I'm hoping I can take to New York sometime soon. There are a few other projects in the works that I'm not allowed to talk about yet :(. As soon as I can though it will be on my twitter!!
 
 9 - What's it like working with Emily VanCamp? How is she on set?
Working with Emily is awesome she's such a professional and they ask so much from her it's amazing to see how well she handles all of it. 
10 - Will you be a recurring person in the season 4 of Revenge?
As of right now, Javier is back in NYC but hopefully he'll revisit the Hamptons soon.
 
11 - Do you have any other projects?A project called Microwave that I filmed right after we wrapped on Revenge. It is a story about 2 brothers (AJ Buckley and I) dealing with the loss of their Grandma played by Dorris Roberts.

12 - How will your relationship with Nolan and Emily  going to evolve?
No idea, I would like to see Javier join Team Emily though. Team Nemily.  

Javier, Emily and Nolan - Season 3
13 - If you weren't Javier, who would you like to be in Revenge?
If I wasn't playing Javier I think I would want to play Daniel, I have fun playing the bad guys.
 
14 - Revenge is probably one of the biggest projects you've been in so far, how do you think it will affect your career?
It has already changed my career in a lot ways, but mostly I think it's let people within the industry have more confidence in considering me for other projects.
 
15 - If you could've been in any movie or show, on which would you have been and who would be your character?
That's a tough question there are so many roles I would have loved to play. Maybe Ed Norton's character in Primal Fear.
 
16 - Will we be seeing more from Javier? Are there going to be some deep secrets revealed? (What can we expect from your character this season)
Can't tell :p
 
17 - If someone decided to make a movie about your life, who would you want to direct the movie, and who would you want to play your character?
Ha! That's a good question! I think I would want Carey Fukunaga or David Fincher to direct. To play me I think I would chose Ben Foster or Tom Hardy, both of them are huge inspirations.
 
18 - If you could be someone or something for one day, who/what would you be?
I don't know, maybe a spelunker?  Just kidding. Either doing some sort of humanitarian work or being a farmer living out on my own farm. I have no idea how to farm but I think I'd be good at it.
19 - What made you choose this career?
I fell in love with story telling, and trying to speak for the people who resonate with the stories that I am a part of. As a kid, movies gave me a great escape and the great ones made me examine my life and how I wanted to live it. That's what I want to do for people.  I love the idea of being able to take people on a journey with me. The moment I knew though was when I was about 13 years old and watching John Leguizamo's HBO special of his one man show called Sexaholic on TV. That was the day I remember thinking to myself I want to do that one day.
 
20 - Who would you really like to work with in the future?

The list goes on and on, I love good actors, but Gary Oldman and Sean Penn are definitely my number 1s I want to work with though.  They blow me away every time. Would love to be across from them watching them work, and learn from it. 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário